Sunday 9 October 2011

Eye-shadow primers.Comparing Urban Decay & Too Faced.

Urban Decay and Too Faced eyeshadow primer are loved by millions of makeup gurus. It has been around for quite awhile yet still loved by most people and their followers are expanding every day.
When I first has my hand over eyeshadow primer are from Urban Decay. Since then I could not describe how satisfied I am by them. And it is no joke that I tell everyone that I know to try them. They do not only insure your eyeshadow withou crease and smudge, also help to create a base for eyeshadows that their colour can be shown at its best. And it create a gap between harmful makeups and your eye lips that decrease the harm to your eyes.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube   $19usd

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Candlelight Softly Illuminating Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer   $19usd
I've heard a lot of good things about the too faced shadow insurance and finally I get to compare and try it with my urban decay primers. They are both at the same price in Sephora.



First, the texture and appearance.
Too Faced: yellow toned and has a bit of shimmer in it. More liquidish.
Urban Decay: pink toned and matte, more creamy.

Blend Out (too faced - urban decay - nil)
Too Faced: shows yellow toned shimmer.
Urban Decay: almost invisible.

With eyeshadows (too faced - urban decay - nil)

After wiping with tissue (too faced - urban decay - nil)
Too Faced: Still has some colour on it.
Urban Decay: More colours than too faced.
without primer: barely anything left.

They are both well performing eyeshadow bases. For Too Faced, it is good for people who are too lazy to apply extra layer of highlights as it is shimmer by itself already. For Urban Decay is good for people who wish for a matte finish look.
Will keep on experimenting with these two primers and as I already know. They makes life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment